These backyard design ideas were specifically selected based on popularity.
There has been a growing trend towards home improvement in recent years. Many home owners armed with the internet are beginning to educate themselves on how to do a lot of the home renovation work that was formerly carried out by a contractor. The following photos will give you popular backyard design ideas for pools, retaining walls, and patios.
One of the first things that comes to mind for a lot of ‘luxury homes’ is the question of whether or not to add a pool.
This should be done early on rather than after a few years as it will generally take up a large amount of real estate. If it is something that you can maintain and will have enough occasions for its use then go for it. One recommendation for modern homes is the addition of geometric pool designs. Pools are not only perfect for entertaining guests but can also transform the ambiance altogether. You can’t help but smile when swimming in a private luxury resort-like setting.
Infinity pools are appealing in many ways. When facing the ocean, they can sometimes make you feel like the pool is somehow connected and you are swimming in the ocean.
There are many different pool design ideas
There are an unlimited number of possible ideas which is the hardest part of any project. One potential idea shown in the photo below is to have water cascading down a natural slope into the pool. If you live in an area where this can be pulled off, it can look pretty amazing.
Waterfall spillways (also called sheer, weird, or descent) are a popular pick for many pools. The beauty of this product is its simplistic design. It can become the focal point of the pool especially at night with build-in LED lighting to make the water appear as if it is glowing as it drops.
Water jets (laminar design) with LED lighting are gaining popularity with many pool owners all around the world. They are another simple yet impressive design that looks great in the day and really shines at night.
There is always the false rock look. This one in particular was created with rebar and carved out shotcrete. Concrete has its own unique look but is better suited for less harsh weather conditions. (Freeze-thaw and heavy rain can quickly damage the rock.)
Backyard Patio Design Ideas
This is one of the most important aspects and probably should have been mentioned first. There is no reason to go through all the hassle of designing a backyard in the first place if you don’t intend to spend time in it is there?
Are you looking to add a waterfall for your garden? Here are some tips and helpful words of advice.
Adding even a small waterfall can change the ambiance of not only your yard but of your neighbors. The sounds of trickling water are very enjoyable when sitting outside in your garden. Whether you like to host parties, relax by the patio, or spend time with the kids or dogs a water feature is a great addition to the yard. If you like to host parties then the addition of a pool may be something of interest to you.
Where to Start?
First things first. You will need to make a list of the things that you need ON PAPER. Don’t make the mistake of doing it in your head and make a habit of getting things down in writing. Not only is writing things down a good habit in general but a good principle for organizing tasks for landscaping projects.
You can think of your next landscaping project almost as a simplified version of a business plan. You want want such and such to get done and will need such and such resources. Many people underestimate the amount of money they will need to change their garden. It can help to look at photos of completed jobs along with the budget spent and reverse engineer the process from there. It can help to do some of the work yourself but it will also be beneficial to hire a professional do the work.
For those not limited by a budget and who want the absolute best the biggest challenge is simply in finding the right contractor for the job. Waterfall landscaping contractors are plentiful yet only a few have the ability to give clients what they really want. Having several decades of landscaping experience in both residential and commercial landscaping, WaterfallNow’s crew is well aware of all waterfall and water feature designs. The crew has created multiple designs using natural stone as well as concrete, styrofoam, bricks, mortar, and other materials. The biggest issue with the natural stone cascading rocks was the huge amount of maintenance required.
Many water feature landscaping contractors don’t mention the amount of maintenance that these can require. While they look great for the first few weeks just a few days of heavy rain or a few weeks without care can turn it into a swamp. It is advised that you check with your contractor on their maintenance rates and make sure that you can afford them long-term.
The moss and algae that grows within the cracks and within the water stream quickly becomes dirty and requires the rocks to be pulled out, thoroughly rinsed, and laid back into place. It requires almost as much work to thoroughly clean one than it does to have one installed in the first place. This isn’t to say that they aren’t a viable option but just a word of caution to the less informed.
Do you have a small yard? Many garden landscaping projects are aimed at maximizing smaller spaces. If for example your yard is on a slope you may want to consider adding a deck. Alternatives to a deck would be to install a retaining wall (usually from concrete, wood, or bricks).
Do you like to cook outdoors? If so, it would naturally follow that the addition of an outdoor kitchen would be a great move to further enhance your outdoor living design – if you can afford it.
While WaterfallNow encourages even a dinky water feature over nothing, it is also important to consider the types of flowers you plan to use. Colour schemes from certain flower arrangements can affect different moods.
Remember that it is your garden and you can do what you like with it. Some people find that it helps to give their garden a name or a theme. Do you like birds? WaterfallNow has created some fountains in the past that became a regular visiting area for birds in one of our clients yards. That is an additional benefit that our client continues to enjoy.
Pergola’s are a nice addition to backyard landscaping projects that can offer shade to sit and relax by the waterfall. Don’t forget to plant some vines.
Want a private resort in your own backyard? WaterfallNow’s rocks are lightweight enough to create any size rock. We also have experience in concrete forming and concrete rock waterfalls. The weight becomes an issue for larger projects but if that is your preferences then let us know. It costs 40-50% more than our popular lightweight version but if you request it then WaterfallNow will handle it. Call the Vancouver number for details on that.
Here is a great looking waterfall. Virtually anything is possible with artificial rock waterfalls. The only real limit is ones budget and how much they are willing to spend.
Waterfall Landscaping For Gardens May 26th, 2014WaterfallNow
Water features for the garden are a staple for outdoor living.
As the weather grows warmer more people begin to shift their attention towards how they will redesign their yards. Considering the average person will spend a significant portion of their time it just makes sense to spruce things up.
There is a large variety of choices to be made when considering the type of garden renovation ideas one has in mind. Having many decades of landscaping experience under our belts we’ve heard the common issues most people had with their own yards. Most people want their yards to look nice but many don’t even know where to begin. Some believe they want a large amount of flowers only to find that they don’t have the time to maintain it themselves.
When most people look to add a water feature to their yard it is usually because they saw something online or they were in their friends yard and their neighbour had one. So what most people end up doing is going with the first company that they can find. I recommend getting a minimum of 3 estimates from different companies or contractors to get a better understanding of what the project will look like.
When choosing a contractor pick one that has a portfolio of past projects that you like. It is not enough to take one’s word for it and assume that they will create exactly what you had in mind. When in doubt ask for references.
How much does it cost? That will depend on the company you hire to do the work. Generally they will ask for a smaller deposit to begin the work. If a contractor asks for 50% of the total cost up front it should raise some alarms. Most companies work out smaller payments as the work progresses. There are times, especially with smaller companies just starting out, where the contractors ask for 50% upfront to fund an existing project that isn’t yet completed due to lack of funds.
It is safest for you as the customer to deal with contractors that only require small payments as the work progresses. Doing business simply because you like someone even if you know they might not do a good job or are inexperienced always comes with a risk. Things don’t always go as planned as is apparent in the world of contract work but there are precautionary steps you can take to avoid these setbacks. Such costs may entail having to re-hire someone else to fix the ‘fix.’
On the other hand, if you are a contractor reading this you must develop the ability to say ‘no’ to clients who will only cause more problems. It is not worth the headache and heart ache to deal with bad clients.
1. Check the contractors portfolio. Ideally you want photos of projects they’ve done themselves. If they are in the custom crafting arena then bring your imagination to the table and plan things out beforehand.
2. Get multiple estimates before picking the water features contractor you plan to work with. Don’t overpay for something that anyone can do (eg. installing a DIY water feature from natural stones). The costs for things that cost less upfront often cost more in the long-run. Have in mind the type of water feature you want with the right budget in mind. Avoid attempts to haggle with something that is clearly out of your budget range in hopes of getting a deal. It’s not worth it.
3. Ask lots of questions. One of the ‘catches’ with most water features is that they lose their appeal after 1-2 years. The high maintenance costs of hiring someone to restore the pond and rocks from looking like green pea soup can be costly and time consuming over a long period of time. If you are a fan of maintenance free (hands off, minds off) and just want to relax then seek out low-maintenance options. Ideally you want something that suffers no cracking from ice (freeze-thaw), has no permit requirements, no excessive weight that may cause sinking and cracking, nothing that takes up too much of your yards real estate, nothing potentially dangerous for children, and something that lasts a lifetime.
4. While I recommend negotiating to get the best price try to avoid excessive haggling (see point 2) with contractors because it is a waste of your time and a waste of theirs. You will not get the best quality from asking for too much and giving too little. Often times trying to get things for cheap results in poor quality and a lower level of service. Water features, fountains, and waterfalls don’t come cheap but that is the point. The cheap variety can be found from Home Depot or Rona in a do-it-yourself kit. Doing it yourself is something that I recommend everyone try at least once. Why? Because it will yield a greater appreciation for the many years of experience that landscapers put in to the point where they make it ‘look easy.’
The bottom line for anyone seeking to renovate their yard is to pick something that gets a ‘wow’ out of themselves, their guests, and makes them feel good. WaterfallNow’s waterfalls are custom designed with you in mind so that you know you have a one of a kind custom hand-made piece of art. Go ahead, show off your yard.
Hiring Water Features Contractors For Your Garden Renovation May 25th, 2014WaterfallNow
Can a water feature save your life? Well… Maybe not, but they may help.
Imagine coming home from a hard working day and relaxing by the patio next to a soothing garden water fountain waterfall.
The soothing sounds of running water helps to relax the mind, providing a sense of calm.
Have you ever experienced the joy of having a water feature in your yard? Having a beautiful water feature will not only increase the property value (if properly maintained) but will also create a harmonious environment.
There are health benefits of having water features as well.
So what can we do? Having a water feature can be part of the solution to reducing stress levels. There are many other things you can do to further reduce your stress levels.
1. One effective method that has worked for thousands of years is meditation. It is never too late to learn how to do this or take a local class.
2. Breathe deeply. Did you know that most people either take shallow breaths or breathe incorrectly through their mouth? Diaphragmatic (belly) breathing is a simple way to ensure that you are getting the correct flow of oxygen through your body.
3. Being more present. Slowing down for at a few intervals can actually help you be more productive throughout the day. Being more conscientious about where you are in the world, relaxing tense muscles can all help to improve your health.
4. Fad diets are just that ‘fads’. Take a long-term approach to your health by making healthy eating a habit. Things such as eating more omega 3 fatty oils than omega 6 or trans fats, eating less processed foods, more vegetables, getting enough vitamins and minerals through natural food sources, drinking lots of water, and doing a detox every now and then are all going to help you feel better.
By being more self aware about your health you can extend your life by 10-20 years. Good health doesn’t start at the mouth, rather it starts in the mind. A healthy mind is far more likely to take measures to care for the body and avoid self-destructive behaviour.
Enough stress can cause heart attacks. The relaxation benefits offered by garden water features can in a way help to reduce the stresses that surrounds everyday life.
You don’t need to call WaterfallNow to get a big luxury custom waterfall fountain but we still recommend getting something that you can enjoy everyday – even if it is just a small tabletop fountain made in China.
Garden Water Features: Can They Save Your Life? May 13th, 2014WaterfallNow
Do you feel the need to spend more time outdoors? In just a month or two from now, the weather should be hitting high 30’s. Wouldn’t it be nice to have a water feature in your backyard that you can enjoy in the early mornings or evenings when you are back from work? After scouring the web in search of the perfect water features for the garden, our customers came across WaterfallNow. They now love to invite friends over for barbeques, drinks, and sitting out in the evenings by their beautiful water features.
Many people are starting to look for the best ways to decorate their gardens for the summer of 2014, which is ‘likely’ to be the hottest on record – at least in the UK. But let’s just pretend it will also be the same case in BC, Canada just so that I don’t have to figure out the El Nino patterns and other weather related information. If you feel the need to educate me please do.
Here are some ideas of water features for the garden ideas that you can implement this summer.
1. Drop by the nearest pond and water garden nursery in your area. Once at the store you can browse determine the types of flowers, plants, and designs that you like best. If you are unsure of what plants to buy, ask the staff if they can assist you. Certain plants thrive better in the shade or in damp areas. These are the types of plants that you would want to incorporate into your water garden. Man-made water features look great when combined with the right plants. The plants add greenery and help to provide a more realistic looking water feature as you would find in nature.
2. Do you want a pond? Ponds are undoubtedly beautiful but only if maintained. They can require a lot of manual labour from taking the rocks out, cleaning the basin, putting the rocks back in, so on so forth. Without this maintenance the pond will eventually turn into green pea soup which I’ve seen a lot of. How deep do you want the pond to go? Before you dig, call http://www.bconecall.bc.ca/. It is free to call. Don’t do any digging without calling to avoid causing damage to any pipelines, telecommunication cables, sewage lines, and electrical wires.
Back in our landscaping days we used to get calls to do maintenance on ponds – something that we often didn’t look forward to. You may be familiar with a TV show called dirty jobs. That’s what cleaning these ponds resembled. It was a dirty, disease ridden mess. Eventually some of them called us in after they’d had enough maintaining the ponds and asked us to fill the pond with dirt and lay fresh turf over top. Problem solved. The racoons on the other hand weren’t as happy because there was no longer any fish to eat.
Some people don’t realize that having a pond requires continual maintenance. (Slap my head). It DOES. But, some people actually enjoy working on their ponds on a daily basis. If not, then a pond might not be your best choice.
All ponds require some level of maintenance. When you are looking to care for koi fish you must keep the water clean otherwise the fish will develop diseases and die. Using a variety of water plants such as water lilies or water cress can help to naturally clean the water. There are different schools of thought on whether or not you should have a gravel or dirt bed. I prefer to go without the gravel basin. If you are going to make a pond, don’t make a small pond because the fish will grow. It is also an addicting hobby and you may wish you had a bigger pond.
If you already have a pond then you probably have a grasp by now of how they need constant cleaning. We prefer the pondless or invisible waterfall water feature designs to minimize maintenance and maximize the time spent enjoying the project. Ponds are undoubtedly an excellent addition but unkempt ponds harbour diseases, mosquitoes, and are unattractive. Make sure you know what you are getting into.
20 Questions To Ask Yourself Before You Build a Koi Pond – Watch this very informative video
3. Decide on how much space you have to allocate to a water feature for your garden. For smaller gardens, focus on height to maximize horizontal space. WaterfallNow is fairly good at doing this as our lightweight artificial rock panels can be stacked to any height. Natural rocks typically require more horizontal space to achieve the desired cascading effects of mini waterfalls.
4. Pondless features are gaining in popularity. WaterfallNow’s pondless water feature system means that you can run these rock fountains in all 4 seasons with no maintenance. Just add water and let it run. To clean our rocks simply spray them with a pressure washer. You can even change the colour of the rocks from one year to the next using a special paint. They can be set to run on a timer or set up to a remote control switch. This would allows you to switch on the rock waterfall sitting in your backyard at night from inside your home.
These look spectacular at night when the floodlights are shining on them. The occasional sweeping of leaves and other debris that might otherwise clog the water pump and ensuring that the water level does not get too low is the majority of the maintenance requirements. Should you decide to not run the waterfall in the winter we advise to drain the water basin, disconnect the water pump, give it a rinse, and store it indoors to prevent cracking or damage to the internal parts from freeze-thaw. They can be set up again simply by connecting the water pump back to the hose, adding water to the mini pond and turning the water feature back on.
The majority of WaterfallNow’s rock fountains are pondless meaning the size of the pond is built to hold just enough water for the water feature to operate.
Add a faux rock water feature to your backyard for stunning results
5. Determine the type of sound that you want to achieve. Taller water features often produce more of the crashing sounds of water. The amount of water pressure or the size of the pump used plays a significant role in the sounds. There are low-sound water pumps that can reduce sound coming directly from the pumps motor. If you prefer a smaller trickling sound consider a cascading waterfall feature. The horizontal movement of water followed by small overhangs produces very relaxing sounds. WaterfallNow can adjust all of these sounds by adjusting the angle and speed of water flow.
6. Do you want something permanent or moveable? This is one of the decisions that one must make when working with concrete which is permanent. WaterfallNow used to use concrete until we realized how little our customers could use their water features. The damage from weathering over the years meant multiple leaks and cracks which can cost a lot of money to constantly repair. But that was back in the day. GFRC concrete employed today is much more durable. WaterfallNow no longer employs concrete but uses fibreglass instead. It can be as strong as steel while remaining flexible enough to avoid cracking. Should something crack we can easily repair it. Sometimes our customers will call us a year later to come and add another section to their rock waterfall. Other times our customers will sell their home and call us to help them move the rock fountain to their new home. It is all about your personal preference. WaterfallNow caters to a wide-variety of requests.
7. What kind of lighting do you want to use? Many of our customers enjoy the backyard paradises that we’ve created for them. Some of the pool waterfalls which we don’t have any pictures of look amazing at night. The white floodlights shine on the waterfall spillway while purple, blue, and green lights all create a unique ambiance. We are very proud of some of the projects that we’ve created because of how happy our customers are. It is only a matter of time until more people can experience the joy of enjoying their own backyard paradise with a water feature built the way they had in mind.
Rock waterfalls not your thing? Then check out articles from popular sites for other ideas:
Visit Houzz to brainstorm some visual ideas of water features for the garden. It won’t be long until you find yourself sitting outside in the summer with a cold drink glad about the choices that you made.
HGTV – 15 unique garden water features: outdoors home & garden television
Pinterest – This is currently the most popular and fastest growing social media website to view photos and get ideas for garden water features.
For updates and free stuff head on over to our Facebook page and let us know what you like best about garden water features.
Water Features For The Garden – Just Add Water
Water Features For The Garden June 26th, 2014WaterfallNow
Why consider having water features? Because they are awesome! If money or space was no object most people would be open to having one.
There are many companies that create beautiful water features as a quick browse on YouTube should show. One such company is Aquascape. They create water features using natural stone. There are several methods of creating water features that range in price from very inexpensive to very expensive. Keep in mind however that it isn’t always the case that you get what you pay for. So why consider water features as part of the bigger picture of landscaping overall?
“Nearly 20% of buyers say they consider landscaping to be a ‘very important’ factor in their decision to buy a house, according to a new study by the National Association of Realtors.” Wall Street Journal. Selling Houses by the Yard. August 17, 2007.
OK. 20% isn’t a big number but when the group was narrowed down to higher end homes that number increased significantly. After all, a luxury home just doesn’t feel the same without stunning landscaping work.
“Property adjacent to water – whether a pond, lake, stream, river, or ocean – is often more expensive.” Kaplan, Kaplan, and Ryan. With People in Mind: Design and Management of Everyday Nature, p. 113.
Adding some water features to the yard tends to increase property value provided that it looks good. It can also be a no-no when done in areas where there are only a few warm months. Fewer buyers want to deal with maintenance. Speaking of maintenance it is a good idea to install lawn sprinklers. For high end homes however, adding a pool may be advisable.
By digging a hole, laying some pond liner, throwing on some rocks, a pump, and some arranging you can create an inexpensive water feature. The downside to this method is of course the maintenance. It doesn’t take long for this method to start resembling green pea soup. Water features in the backyard of a home are often enjoyed during the Spring and Summer months. Weekend gatherings and BBQ’s on the patio can be more enjoyable when spent nearby a water feature. The sound of trickling water is soothing and reduces stress. This is good news as stress can trigger or act as a catalyst for many health related issues.
“… Hospital patients who have a view of natural landscapes recover faster from surgery and require less pain medication. In addition, heart rate, blood pressure, and other measures return to normal levels more quickly when people view natural rather than urban landscapes after a stressful experience.” The Sustainable Sites Initiative. Standards & Guidelines: Preliminary Report. November 1, 2007.
Similarly, those who have an aquarium with live fish in their homes may also experience these benefits. Maybe you have a blank slate, that is you’ve just bought some land and are drawing out plans for what it should look like. Do you prefer having a large lawn or do you prefer having a pond?
One of the major things to consider is the maintenance of a pond and whether or not you are willing to keep it in good shape. Unkempt ponds are unattractive, and are a breeding ground for many insects including mosquitoes. That is not to say however that homes should opt to go without a water feature altogether.
Not all water features require a pond. Homes with smaller yards often opt for pondless or invisible waterfalls. It is known by many that having water features improves a property’s value (as would a gazebo, patio, or a sundeck). But did you know that it is rated as one of the best ways to improve the appearance of your home?
Not too many things in a yard can stand out quite like a professionally crafted water feature. Our Custom Water features have a way of naturally drawing people towards them. Having a waterfall is a great way to showcase your home and make it stand out from the rest. Too many homes are being built using the same cookie cutter format all throughout major areas. It is nice to add a fresh landscaping concept to the mix from time to time.
Adding a water feature to an existing pool is considered going all out in most cases. It is easy to decide on whose yard people will hold their party at when there is someone with a pool with water features. There are too few people fortunate to live near an ocean, lake, or other body of water. This leaves many with a basic yard perhaps with some grass, a shed, and a patio table. It doesn’t have to be like that and you don’t need to try and create your own water feature. There are many professional landscaping companies that specialize in these types of projects.
The cheapest method of building water features involves just a few hundred dollars but lots of your time. This is the method most people are familiar with and that is to do it yourself (DIY). This can however backfire if the end result is far from desired and you find yourself burying it instead. On the bright side you will have at least gained some of the health benefits of a water feature through the exercise.
Hmm… Perhaps even cheaper than the first method depending on how you value your time, simply going to the local Walmart or pond/landscaping/fountain store and buying a pre-made kit may also do the trick. There are some companies that offer either pre-made kits or pre-made fiberglass fountain statues – but you want something much bigger right?
A more costly method is to actually hire someone else who is going to create it for you. Make sure this person has experience and the photos on their website are of their own projects. It isn’t uncommon to hire someone new only to find that they are biting off more than they can chew.
A professional landscaping company that specializes in water features will either use natural stone or use specially mixed concrete. Some companies use fibreglass rock panels that look like real rock and then patch them together. Overall, people will know what you spent on your water feature.
Their first impression will likely be either:
1. Wow, that is nice
2.Wow, that is really nice! or
3. WOWOWOW, THAT IS REALLY NICE
At least this is what they will be thinking…
One point that quickly comes to mind is conservation. One of the benefits of having pondless water features is the minimal reliance on water consumption. Pondless water features have contained basins where the same water gets cycled over and over. Most people know that the look and sound of water features reduces blood pressure. But did you know that the reduced lower hydro bill can also keep your blood pressure levels in check?
Whether you like water features for your yard or indoors you have a wide range of options. The best time to invest in one is now (sooner rather than later). The longer you have one, the more enjoyment and benefit you can extract from the overall value.
Try calling on some of the companies that specialize in water features in your local area to inquire about some of the options available. For the DIYer you may be able to get some free advice on where to purchase supplies at reasonable prices. For the person that just wants the best and wants it now it is still a good idea to ask around to see what is available. What might be considered the ‘best’ to one may be completely opposite from another.
Water Features: A Backyard Oasis July 7th, 2016WaterfallNow
WaterfallNow creates custom landscape waterfalls in the Lower Mainland, BC.
Xcalibur closed – “Aria” a new banquet hall & convention center to take its place. Expected open date sometime in April. We are helping out with the renovations. Updates to follow.
WaterfallNow operates in a very niche market that requires much creativity and problem solving ability than the average landscaping project. WaterfallNow’s small team of experienced artists have the experience and creativity to get things done.
The simple yet unique blend of synthetic and natural materials used to create each durable and long-lasting rock panels was the result of many years of trial and error. WaterfallNow has the knowledge and creativity to put together multiple rock panels to resemble a realistic final product without quitting halfway. The many years of experience in water feature design and landscaping background makes the process look simple to onlookers.
Landscape Waterfalls are not something that anyone can go out and purchase from a store. This makes the practice of creating custom waterfalls both a lucractive opportunity as well as a skill that is in high demand. WaterfallNow in a sense brings its manufacturing station to the client and assembles on-site.
Funny story. One of our clients that we had built a large waterfall for (that photo gone along with our old domain rockywaterfall.com) was interested in creating them after seeing how ‘simple’ it was. So with our support he attempted to create his own waterfalls using our rock panels. We still joke about it to this day because that ‘attempt’ was not something that could be sold and quite frankly anyone would be embarassed about. The important thing is not to give up no matter how bad it may seem.
That experience really showed us that while we know what we do isn’t that complicated, it isn’t something that anyone can just one day wake up and decide to do as a business – and be successful. The WaterfallNow team was also blessed with the many previous landscaping clients to learn and grow with through word-of-mouth referrals.
Our products and services are suited for those looking for unique and eye-catching custom waterfalls that can’t be replicated using traditional concrete methods.
Sample of a landscape waterfall nearing completion [WaterfallNow can use any pigment rock colour and a variety of paints to add the finishing touches]
This sample video was of a project done when we were in our learning phase. Perhaps not the most ideal location (along the fence) but it is just an idea of what we can do. We have in more recent witnessed an overwhelming demand for indoor waterfalls – perhaps caused by the recent surge of new home construction. This is a trend that is also likely to continue on into the future. “Good news for those in the water features industry.”
We appreciate what others in the water features industry do because together they all contribute and grow together. Whether it is with concrete, styrofoam, natural stone, or wall-mounted features WaterfallNow understands that they are all a part of the landscape waterfalls and water feature community. We have experienced for ourselves the different facets, upsides, and even downsides to each particular niche even with regards to koi ponds but ultimately finding one that we were most comfortable with.
When WaterfallNow (formerly Rocky Waterfall) was just starting out we had no idea whether or not this idea would ever take off. We had our fair share of setbacks but were also surprised at how smoothly things went from time to time. It was never that way back in the landscaping days. Contract work for smaller landscaping businesses often goes underappreciated because it is a common skill with high competition.
Reflecting on it, WaterfallNow is proud of the landscape waterfalls that they’ve created thus far and also excited about the ones that have not yet even been designed. The market potential of the entire rock water features industry in Surrey and the Lower Mainland is much bigger than most people think.
WaterfallNow’s landscape waterfalls continue to be a unique product in the BC marketplace. We hope to continue spurring on the trend that we have started years ago. The versatility and genius behind the rock paneling system is definitely catching on (whether concrete, fiberglass, or a blend) and we hope to see more landscapers adding it to their portfolio.
Sample landscape waterfalls can be viewed in certain areas of the Lower Mainland.
Moving forward WaterfallNow looks to establish itself in Surrey as a trustworthy company with the experience and creativity to serve a wide client base. Have ideas for landscape waterfalls in the future? Feel free to contact us for pricing and other enquiries.