What Is Feng Shui And What Are Its Benefits With Water Features?
When it comes to feng shui tips for the placement of your water feature, it is helpful to understand the concept of feng shui. Feng shui is an ancient art and science developed more than three thousand years ago in China. Simply put, it revolves around balancing of energies in any given space to bring good health and fortune to the residing people. If you are wondering how it relates to your water feature, feng shui literally means wind and water. People living in stressful cities such as Vancouver can benefit greatly by adding a water feature to their home. But did you know there are places where you shouldn’t put a water feature? Read more to continue.
It is not necessary that the water feature has to look oriental to be used for feng shui. In fact, it is preferred that it works harmoniously with your interior or exterior décor. As aforementioned, water features are very popular in feng shui as they bring the energy of water into your home and water is a symbol of wealth and prosperity. The flowing water of the water feature helps reactivate life-force of the space, restores balance and produce beneficial yang energy. However, there are guidelines and rules to be followed in order to use water features for good feng shui. You should note here that improper placement of the water feature is considered to bring bad feng shui to your home.
If you are planning to install a water feature in your garden or your home for good feng shui, there are guidelines that could potentially improve the feng shui energy.
Desirable Locations of Water Features for Feng Shui
The location of any feng shui water feature should be determined by the Ba-Gua, a feng shui energy map. The fountain should be placed in the east direction for health and family, southeast for prosperity and abundance and north for career and path in life. The fountain should not be placed in the south area of the house, as according to feng shui ideology, south is associated with fame and reputation and its symbol is fire. When you bring water feng shui element into the fire feng shui element, it contradicts each other. Hence, you end up creating a bad feng shui or conflicting energy, as water puts down fire. In addition, when placing a water feature in your garden, it is preferable to have the water flow towards your house so that wealth and abundance flow towards your house and not away from it.
Type of Water Features for Feng Shui
You should consider how the feng shui elements are expressed in shapes and colors, so that it complements the water element and the needed feng shui in the given space is not overpowering. The shape, color and material of the water feature should express and support the needed feng shui. You should start by selecting the location of the water feature and then selecting the shape, color and material accordingly.
Undesirable Locations of Water Features for Feng Shui
Placing a feng shui water feature in your bedroom is considered bad feng shui. The location of your bedroom is irrelevant. The water feng shui element is believed to bring negative energy in form of worry into your bedroom. So, if you are considering a water feature for feng shui purpose, keep it out of your bedroom. Also, never place a water feature on either side of your front door as it produces negative energy.
You can enhance the feng shui positive energy by placing crystals or stones in your fountain, which strengthens the good energy. Using essential oils with your water feature that can diffuse them into the air can also augment the positive energy. In short, a feng shui water feature attracts good energy, prosperity and fortune, while creating a relaxing environment and adding style to your landscape or living room.
View Indoor Catalog: WaterfallDecor.com
Indoor free standing premade waterfalls, wall mounted waterfalls, rain curtains, fountains or custom water featuresWebsite: WaterfallDecor.com
Custom designs - any size, shape, colour, material. From $40 Sq Ft
#11-8116 130 St Surrey BC (Make an appointment as we may be out of the shop)
Call Moses Toll-Free: (888)-832-2242 (1)
Warehouse inventory (~50 units)
Widths ranging from 3 to 16 feet
Heights ranging from 6 to 10 feet
Featherstone, tempered clear glass, and tempered mirror, rain curtain (can also be used outdoor)
Custom hand-made and built-on site. Pondless artificial rock waterfalls. $10,000 and up. Book in advance for best prices.
Any size, shape, or design. Custom realistic rock moulding and fiberglass fabrication, design, and installation.
If you are looking for the best faux rock waterfalls at the best prices in BC then Solomon is the guy to talk to.
Call Solomon: 604-724-4008
What We Do
- Water Features Construction | Residential and commercial. Indoor and outdoor.
- Faux Rock | Interior rock siding and veneer panels | Fiberglass rock panels are lightweight and extremely durable
- Water Walls | We use all materials and can build any feature involving a water fountain element.
- Custom Stainless Steel & Aluminum Waterfall Fabrication
- Artificial Rock Waterfalls | Custom hand made and looks better than real rock. Great for gardens, swimming pools, theme parks, or resorts.
- Custom Pondless Garden Waterfalls | Water recirculates through the use of a water pump so no water is wasted.
- Floor Standing & Wall Mount Waterfalls | Choose any width, height, or depth. Any trim or surface material in any design, pattern, or style.
- LED Bubble Walls | Custom fabricated from acrylic tubes and sheets sourced from the USA. Programmable remote lighting.
- Fountain Tradeshow & Event Rentals
- Interior Designers
- Landscape Designers
- Custom Home Builders
- Renovation Specialists
- Country Clubs
- Retail Stores
- Outdoor Water Fountains
- Artificial Rocks For Landscaping
- Garden Pond Waterfalls
- Water Features For Gardens
- Outdoor Waterfall Fountains
- Pond Water Fountains
- Pondless Waterfalls
- Swimming Pool Rock Waterfalls
- Law Firms
- Swimming Pools
- Recreation Centre
- Indoor Water Fountains
- Water Walls
- Water Features
- Wall Waterfalls
- Waterfall Fountain Installation
- Custom & Premade Fountains
- Rain Curtains / Thread Fountains
- Logo Fountains / Etched / Vinyl
- Theme / Amusement / Attraction / Entertainment Parks
- Banquet Hall Convention Centre
- Tradeshow / Event Booth
- Hospitality Industry
- Educational Institution
- Water Walls
- Reflecting Pools
- Custom Water Features
- Indoor / Outdoor Fountains
- LED Bubble Walls
- Premade Fountains
- Backyard Water Feature Renovations
- Waterfall Renovations
- Fountain Design Build & Installation
- Custom Fiberglass Fabrication
- Custom Metal & Glass Fabrication
- Government Branches
- Healthcare Facilities
- Dental Offices
- Medical Offices
- Free Standing Fountains
- Wall-Mounted Fountains
- Partition / Divider Fountains
- Waterfall Kits / Pumps / LED
- Artificial LED Jellyfish Aquariums
- Drink Bar Display Fountains
- Commercial / Residential / Water Features