Today we will take a look at a few luxury pool water features commonly used in many backyard design projects. Keep in mind that many luxury pool contractors rates will typically range between $100,000 and $500,000.
The biggest economic crisis in modern history saw many great pool contractors throughout North America moving onto other things. Sadly, this opened the door for many inexperienced builders to build so-called luxury pools.
The amount of fine attention to detail that goes into building a custom pool to a high standard may go unnoticed to the average person but are easily detected by experienced pool builders.
As always, you want to ensure that you are hiring someone that is capable of carrying out a project. Don’t just take the contractors word for it. If possible, check their references. While it isn’t a foolproof way of avoiding problems later on, it does eliminate a lot of doubts.
Popular types of luxury pool water features
Mediterranean Pool by Edmond Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers CAVINESS LANDSCAPE DESIGN, INC.
Custom Rock Waterfalls
High quality pools deserve quality water features. A common water feature for nature infused backyards is a custom rock waterfall. These are a staple in amusement parks around the world and for good reason. They look great, produce soothing sounds, and can transform a cold and boring yard into a warm and welcoming atmosphere.
Rock water features are made in a variety of different ways.
1. Artificial GFRC Panels Tied To An Internal Steel Frame
One method utilizes an internal bracing system with concrete GFRC panels tied on making the inside hollow. A concrete mud is used to seal the joints. One company that comes to mind is Neptune Panels which is a distributor in the USA. While strong, the concrete/fiber panels will still split down the middle if struck hard enough with a hammer. Rock molds for this method are often flat surfaced making this the easiest method to scale for fast projects.
Modern Pool by Manchester Stone, Pavers & Concrete Neptune Panels
2. Shotcrete And Hand-Carved Artificial Rock
Another method of creating rock waterfalls for pools is through the use of concrete forming and shotcrete. This method often costs the most simply due to the amount of preparation, labourers, and materials used not to mention the ongoing maintenance to repair cracks, chips, and leaks commonly caused during the winter. This is the most common method of creating artificial rock water features simply because concrete pool contractors already deal with shotcrete. It does have the potential to look very nice in the hands of expert artisans.
One method of creating a lightweight, cost-effective, and easily customizable custom rock waterfall or fountain is by using a blend of fiberglass and natural materials. This method is the least common for creating rock water features. WaterfallNow adopted this method simply because nobody else was doing it. The thickness can be adjusted depending on the application.
While similar to the GFRC panel method, this method is different due to the rock texture which is a clone of the original rock face capturing deep grooves, and edges of real cliffsides. Attempting to recreate these patterns carved out of concrete would produce less than appealing results.
Although it requires much more cutting, bending, shaping, and many hours of practice to get right, we find that it has the most potential. The cost can be 20-50% less than the other methods.
This gives you two options. Firstly you can expect a cost of 20-50% less than what you would normally pay. Secondly, you can spend the same amount yet get much more bang for your buck. An example would be the option to choose additional lighting, spillways, or a larger sized rock.
Does your backyard look more like a jungle than a townhouse complex? If so, a custom rock waterfall just might be your next big project. The sooner you start planning, the sooner you can enjoy spending time in your private oasis.
Tropical Pool by Grapevine Landscape Contractors One Specialty Landscape Design, Pools & Hardscape
Laminar Water Jet Fountain
Laminar water jets are a commonly used water feature for modern pool designs. Some models can be programmed to change colors and turn on and off at different intervals creating a mini water show.
Contemporary Pool by Plano Pools & Spas Pool Environments, Inc.
While these images do not properly show their effects, when a laminar water jet with LED lighting penetrates the pool surface, it also lights up the pool area with the same color of LED light used. A blue LED laminar jet would light up the pool surface and cast a blue glow. These water features can be used in conjunction with custom rock waterfalls or for clean modern pool designs as shown in the previous image above.
Sheer Descent Waterfall Spillways and Weirs
There are several types of spillways that go well with luxury pools
Natural slate stone pieces combined with natural rock are sometimes used as well
The more common black plastic waterfall pond kits are not common with luxury backyard pool designs.
There are hundreds of different designs and even infinite possibilities if you contract a custom stainless steel fabricator.
One of the most important things to include is a high quality LED light strip. Ask any landscape designer what is the one easiest thing you can do to drastically improve the look and feel of a yard and they might mention lighting. At least from our own personal experience, proper lighting (underwater lights even) can make the biggest difference.
The following image is an example of what a waterfall sheer might look like. It does not appear to have any LED lighting installed near the outlet however you can see the use of an anti-splash mat where the rocks hit the base.
Contemporary Landscape by Saint Clair Shores Landscape Contractors Pondering Waters, LLC
Now that you have no excuse not to know what to look for, why not head over to Houzz, Pinterest, or your local luxury pool water features specialists website and browse further ideas?
Planning a custom-built luxury pool with water features and would like a quote? Get in touch with WaterfallNow and ask about our new offerings. We will send an inhouse designer to the site (not a salesperson) to provide you with a solid quote as early as the next day. Our prices are fair across the board and considered to be the most affordable.
Other worthy mentions: fountains, cobra stainless steel spillway, bubbler fountain, rain curtain (very ‘pretty’), rain effect water sheer, water overflow from basins.
Did we miss something? Feel free to make a recommendation.
Luxury Pool Water Features: Icing On The Cake September 24th, 2014WaterfallNow
Lately I’ve been fascinated with the website Houzz.com. If you aren’t familiar with this website, it is one of the most popular sites along with Pinterest where homeowners, and contractors go to gather ideas, connect with others in the industry, and share their work.
Here are several rock solid ideas that may help you decide on what type of waterfall water feature you personally prefer.
This is a popular photo that many people have expressed interest in. It has been built to compliment and blend the surrounding landscape to create a natural effect. I really admire projects where the landscaper took the effort to make things as natural as possible.
While some people prefer the insane overhangs that can be achieved using faux or fake rocks, this method is very cool and I think it would look even nicer with the addition of custom lighting colors. Overall an impressive job with great attention paid to detail and no stone out of place.
This is a great shot with a beautiful natural stone waterfall. The two larger boulders alongside the spillway combined with a well designed lip makes for an impressive sight. I can only imagine how nice this particular waterfall sounds. This double tiered feature would definitely create a very relaxing sound. I would highly recommend this design to someone looking to add a waterfall to their koi pond or for a new pond construction.
The oxygenation and circulation that these kinds of water features adds to the pond also helps to slow the growth of algae which many pond owners can tell you has saved them many dollars in maintenance.
There are many people (myself included) that are blown away by larger man-made waterfalls. However, smaller water features that were created by landscapers with extra attention to detail can be just as stunning. The addition of this small waterfall feature changes up what would have been just an ordinary space into something special. Imagine sitting out on your patio just enjoying the sounds of a soothing fountain in your garden…
Pondless waterfalls are picking up in popularity and for good reason. Many homeowners are embracing the DIY (do-it-yourself) movement, perhaps inspired by their favourite gardening shows on TV, and tackling some of their own projects. I’m sure you that are reading this hate the idea of having to pull rocks out of the pond, cleaning the pond out, then putting the rocks back in and so forth. If you are a landscaper being paid to maintain it I feel your pain.
As an aside, should you decide to create your first waterfall using natural stone I highly recommend studying The Pond Digger on YouTube. He has shared many tutorials online to help home owners and contractors alike what to expect and some tips to get the most of a pond project.
Tropical Pool by Florence Pools & Spas Shehan Pools
The guys over at Shehan are amazing and have taught us a lot about what it takes to make clients dreams become a reality. From using shotcrete to other faux rock materials, they are masters at creating custom waterfalls which also compliment their specialization in pools. Check out their website to view some of their award winning projects and brainstorm more ideas.
Have a great weekend and happy landscaping
Rock Waterfall Ideas For Backyard Renovation Projects September 24th, 2014WaterfallNow
Are you looking to add a waterfall for your garden? Here are some tips and helpful words of advice.
Adding even a small waterfall can change the ambiance of not only your yard but of your neighbors. The sounds of trickling water are very enjoyable when sitting outside in your garden. Whether you like to host parties, relax by the patio, or spend time with the kids or dogs a water feature is a great addition to the yard. If you like to host parties then the addition of a pool may be something of interest to you.
Where to Start?
First things first. You will need to make a list of the things that you need ON PAPER. Don’t make the mistake of doing it in your head and make a habit of getting things down in writing. Not only is writing things down a good habit in general but a good principle for organizing tasks for landscaping projects.
You can think of your next landscaping project almost as a simplified version of a business plan. You want want such and such to get done and will need such and such resources. Many people underestimate the amount of money they will need to change their garden. It can help to look at photos of completed jobs along with the budget spent and reverse engineer the process from there. It can help to do some of the work yourself but it will also be beneficial to hire a professional do the work.
For those not limited by a budget and who want the absolute best the biggest challenge is simply in finding the right contractor for the job. Waterfall landscaping contractors are plentiful yet only a few have the ability to give clients what they really want. Having several decades of landscaping experience in both residential and commercial landscaping, WaterfallNow’s crew is well aware of all waterfall and water feature designs. The crew has created multiple designs using natural stone as well as concrete, styrofoam, bricks, mortar, and other materials. The biggest issue with the natural stone cascading rocks was the huge amount of maintenance required.
Many water feature landscaping contractors don’t mention the amount of maintenance that these can require. While they look great for the first few weeks just a few days of heavy rain or a few weeks without care can turn it into a swamp. It is advised that you check with your contractor on their maintenance rates and make sure that you can afford them long-term.
The moss and algae that grows within the cracks and within the water stream quickly becomes dirty and requires the rocks to be pulled out, thoroughly rinsed, and laid back into place. It requires almost as much work to thoroughly clean one than it does to have one installed in the first place. This isn’t to say that they aren’t a viable option but just a word of caution to the less informed.
Do you have a small yard? Many garden landscaping projects are aimed at maximizing smaller spaces. If for example your yard is on a slope you may want to consider adding a deck. Alternatives to a deck would be to install a retaining wall (usually from concrete, wood, or bricks).
Do you like to cook outdoors? If so, it would naturally follow that the addition of an outdoor kitchen would be a great move to further enhance your outdoor living design – if you can afford it.
While WaterfallNow encourages even a dinky water feature over nothing, it is also important to consider the types of flowers you plan to use. Colour schemes from certain flower arrangements can affect different moods.
Remember that it is your garden and you can do what you like with it. Some people find that it helps to give their garden a name or a theme. Do you like birds? WaterfallNow has created some fountains in the past that became a regular visiting area for birds in one of our clients yards. That is an additional benefit that our client continues to enjoy.
Pergola’s are a nice addition to backyard landscaping projects that can offer shade to sit and relax by the waterfall. Don’t forget to plant some vines.
Want a private resort in your own backyard? WaterfallNow’s rocks are lightweight enough to create any size rock. We also have experience in concrete forming and concrete rock waterfalls. The weight becomes an issue for larger projects but if that is your preferences then let us know. It costs 40-50% more than our popular lightweight version but if you request it then WaterfallNow will handle it. Call the Vancouver number for details on that.
Here is a great looking waterfall. Virtually anything is possible with artificial rock waterfalls. The only real limit is ones budget and how much they are willing to spend.
Waterfall Landscaping For Gardens May 26th, 2014WaterfallNow
Water features for the garden are a staple for outdoor living.
As the weather grows warmer more people begin to shift their attention towards how they will redesign their yards. Considering the average person will spend a significant portion of their time it just makes sense to spruce things up.
There is a large variety of choices to be made when considering the type of garden renovation ideas one has in mind. Having many decades of landscaping experience under our belts we’ve heard the common issues most people had with their own yards. Most people want their yards to look nice but many don’t even know where to begin. Some believe they want a large amount of flowers only to find that they don’t have the time to maintain it themselves.
When most people look to add a water feature to their yard it is usually because they saw something online or they were in their friends yard and their neighbour had one. So what most people end up doing is going with the first company that they can find. I recommend getting a minimum of 3 estimates from different companies or contractors to get a better understanding of what the project will look like.
When choosing a contractor pick one that has a portfolio of past projects that you like. It is not enough to take one’s word for it and assume that they will create exactly what you had in mind. When in doubt ask for references.
How much does it cost? That will depend on the company you hire to do the work. Generally they will ask for a smaller deposit to begin the work. If a contractor asks for 50% of the total cost up front it should raise some alarms. Most companies work out smaller payments as the work progresses. There are times, especially with smaller companies just starting out, where the contractors ask for 50% upfront to fund an existing project that isn’t yet completed due to lack of funds.
It is safest for you as the customer to deal with contractors that only require small payments as the work progresses. Doing business simply because you like someone even if you know they might not do a good job or are inexperienced always comes with a risk. Things don’t always go as planned as is apparent in the world of contract work but there are precautionary steps you can take to avoid these setbacks. Such costs may entail having to re-hire someone else to fix the ‘fix.’
On the other hand, if you are a contractor reading this you must develop the ability to say ‘no’ to clients who will only cause more problems. It is not worth the headache and heart ache to deal with bad clients.
1. Check the contractors portfolio. Ideally you want photos of projects they’ve done themselves. If they are in the custom crafting arena then bring your imagination to the table and plan things out beforehand.
2. Get multiple estimates before picking the water features contractor you plan to work with. Don’t overpay for something that anyone can do (eg. installing a DIY water feature from natural stones). The costs for things that cost less upfront often cost more in the long-run. Have in mind the type of water feature you want with the right budget in mind. Avoid attempts to haggle with something that is clearly out of your budget range in hopes of getting a deal. It’s not worth it.
3. Ask lots of questions. One of the ‘catches’ with most water features is that they lose their appeal after 1-2 years. The high maintenance costs of hiring someone to restore the pond and rocks from looking like green pea soup can be costly and time consuming over a long period of time. If you are a fan of maintenance free (hands off, minds off) and just want to relax then seek out low-maintenance options. Ideally you want something that suffers no cracking from ice (freeze-thaw), has no permit requirements, no excessive weight that may cause sinking and cracking, nothing that takes up too much of your yards real estate, nothing potentially dangerous for children, and something that lasts a lifetime.
4. While I recommend negotiating to get the best price try to avoid excessive haggling (see point 2) with contractors because it is a waste of your time and a waste of theirs. You will not get the best quality from asking for too much and giving too little. Often times trying to get things for cheap results in poor quality and a lower level of service. Water features, fountains, and waterfalls don’t come cheap but that is the point. The cheap variety can be found from Home Depot or Rona in a do-it-yourself kit. Doing it yourself is something that I recommend everyone try at least once. Why? Because it will yield a greater appreciation for the many years of experience that landscapers put in to the point where they make it ‘look easy.’
The bottom line for anyone seeking to renovate their yard is to pick something that gets a ‘wow’ out of themselves, their guests, and makes them feel good. WaterfallNow’s waterfalls are custom designed with you in mind so that you know you have a one of a kind custom hand-made piece of art. Go ahead, show off your yard.
Hiring Water Features Contractors For Your Garden Renovation May 25th, 2014WaterfallNow
Can a water feature save your life? Well… Maybe not, but they may help.
Imagine coming home from a hard working day and relaxing by the patio next to a soothing garden water fountain waterfall.
The soothing sounds of running water helps to relax the mind, providing a sense of calm.
Have you ever experienced the joy of having a water feature in your yard? Having a beautiful water feature will not only increase the property value (if properly maintained) but will also create a harmonious environment.
There are health benefits of having water features as well.
So what can we do? Having a water feature can be part of the solution to reducing stress levels. There are many other things you can do to further reduce your stress levels.
1. One effective method that has worked for thousands of years is meditation. It is never too late to learn how to do this or take a local class.
2. Breathe deeply. Did you know that most people either take shallow breaths or breathe incorrectly through their mouth? Diaphragmatic (belly) breathing is a simple way to ensure that you are getting the correct flow of oxygen through your body.
3. Being more present. Slowing down for at a few intervals can actually help you be more productive throughout the day. Being more conscientious about where you are in the world, relaxing tense muscles can all help to improve your health.
4. Fad diets are just that ‘fads’. Take a long-term approach to your health by making healthy eating a habit. Things such as eating more omega 3 fatty oils than omega 6 or trans fats, eating less processed foods, more vegetables, getting enough vitamins and minerals through natural food sources, drinking lots of water, and doing a detox every now and then are all going to help you feel better.
By being more self aware about your health you can extend your life by 10-20 years. Good health doesn’t start at the mouth, rather it starts in the mind. A healthy mind is far more likely to take measures to care for the body and avoid self-destructive behaviour.
Enough stress can cause heart attacks. The relaxation benefits offered by garden water features can in a way help to reduce the stresses that surrounds everyday life.
You don’t need to call WaterfallNow to get a big luxury custom waterfall fountain but we still recommend getting something that you can enjoy everyday – even if it is just a small tabletop fountain made in China.
Garden Water Features: Can They Save Your Life? May 13th, 2014WaterfallNow
Do you feel the need to spend more time outdoors? In just a month or two from now, the weather should be hitting high 30’s. Wouldn’t it be nice to have a water feature in your backyard that you can enjoy in the early mornings or evenings when you are back from work? After scouring the web in search of the perfect water features for the garden, our customers came across WaterfallNow. They now love to invite friends over for barbeques, drinks, and sitting out in the evenings by their beautiful water features.
Many people are starting to look for the best ways to decorate their gardens for the summer of 2014, which is ‘likely’ to be the hottest on record – at least in the UK. But let’s just pretend it will also be the same case in BC, Canada just so that I don’t have to figure out the El Nino patterns and other weather related information. If you feel the need to educate me please do.
Here are some ideas of water features for the garden ideas that you can implement this summer.
1. Drop by the nearest pond and water garden nursery in your area. Once at the store you can browse determine the types of flowers, plants, and designs that you like best. If you are unsure of what plants to buy, ask the staff if they can assist you. Certain plants thrive better in the shade or in damp areas. These are the types of plants that you would want to incorporate into your water garden. Man-made water features look great when combined with the right plants. The plants add greenery and help to provide a more realistic looking water feature as you would find in nature.
2. Do you want a pond? Ponds are undoubtedly beautiful but only if maintained. They can require a lot of manual labour from taking the rocks out, cleaning the basin, putting the rocks back in, so on so forth. Without this maintenance the pond will eventually turn into green pea soup which I’ve seen a lot of. How deep do you want the pond to go? Before you dig, call http://www.bconecall.bc.ca/. It is free to call. Don’t do any digging without calling to avoid causing damage to any pipelines, telecommunication cables, sewage lines, and electrical wires.
Back in our landscaping days we used to get calls to do maintenance on ponds – something that we often didn’t look forward to. You may be familiar with a TV show called dirty jobs. That’s what cleaning these ponds resembled. It was a dirty, disease ridden mess. Eventually some of them called us in after they’d had enough maintaining the ponds and asked us to fill the pond with dirt and lay fresh turf over top. Problem solved. The racoons on the other hand weren’t as happy because there was no longer any fish to eat.
Some people don’t realize that having a pond requires continual maintenance. (Slap my head). It DOES. But, some people actually enjoy working on their ponds on a daily basis. If not, then a pond might not be your best choice.
All ponds require some level of maintenance. When you are looking to care for koi fish you must keep the water clean otherwise the fish will develop diseases and die. Using a variety of water plants such as water lilies or water cress can help to naturally clean the water. There are different schools of thought on whether or not you should have a gravel or dirt bed. I prefer to go without the gravel basin. If you are going to make a pond, don’t make a small pond because the fish will grow. It is also an addicting hobby and you may wish you had a bigger pond.
If you already have a pond then you probably have a grasp by now of how they need constant cleaning. We prefer the pondless or invisible waterfall water feature designs to minimize maintenance and maximize the time spent enjoying the project. Ponds are undoubtedly an excellent addition but unkempt ponds harbour diseases, mosquitoes, and are unattractive. Make sure you know what you are getting into.
20 Questions To Ask Yourself Before You Build a Koi Pond – Watch this very informative video
3. Decide on how much space you have to allocate to a water feature for your garden. For smaller gardens, focus on height to maximize horizontal space. WaterfallNow is fairly good at doing this as our lightweight artificial rock panels can be stacked to any height. Natural rocks typically require more horizontal space to achieve the desired cascading effects of mini waterfalls.
4. Pondless features are gaining in popularity. WaterfallNow’s pondless water feature system means that you can run these rock fountains in all 4 seasons with no maintenance. Just add water and let it run. To clean our rocks simply spray them with a pressure washer. You can even change the colour of the rocks from one year to the next using a special paint. They can be set to run on a timer or set up to a remote control switch. This would allows you to switch on the rock waterfall sitting in your backyard at night from inside your home.
These look spectacular at night when the floodlights are shining on them. The occasional sweeping of leaves and other debris that might otherwise clog the water pump and ensuring that the water level does not get too low is the majority of the maintenance requirements. Should you decide to not run the waterfall in the winter we advise to drain the water basin, disconnect the water pump, give it a rinse, and store it indoors to prevent cracking or damage to the internal parts from freeze-thaw. They can be set up again simply by connecting the water pump back to the hose, adding water to the mini pond and turning the water feature back on.
The majority of WaterfallNow’s rock fountains are pondless meaning the size of the pond is built to hold just enough water for the water feature to operate.
Add a faux rock water feature to your backyard for stunning results
5. Determine the type of sound that you want to achieve. Taller water features often produce more of the crashing sounds of water. The amount of water pressure or the size of the pump used plays a significant role in the sounds. There are low-sound water pumps that can reduce sound coming directly from the pumps motor. If you prefer a smaller trickling sound consider a cascading waterfall feature. The horizontal movement of water followed by small overhangs produces very relaxing sounds. WaterfallNow can adjust all of these sounds by adjusting the angle and speed of water flow.
6. Do you want something permanent or moveable? This is one of the decisions that one must make when working with concrete which is permanent. WaterfallNow used to use concrete until we realized how little our customers could use their water features. The damage from weathering over the years meant multiple leaks and cracks which can cost a lot of money to constantly repair. But that was back in the day. GFRC concrete employed today is much more durable. WaterfallNow no longer employs concrete but uses fibreglass instead. It can be as strong as steel while remaining flexible enough to avoid cracking. Should something crack we can easily repair it. Sometimes our customers will call us a year later to come and add another section to their rock waterfall. Other times our customers will sell their home and call us to help them move the rock fountain to their new home. It is all about your personal preference. WaterfallNow caters to a wide-variety of requests.
7. What kind of lighting do you want to use? Many of our customers enjoy the backyard paradises that we’ve created for them. Some of the pool waterfalls which we don’t have any pictures of look amazing at night. The white floodlights shine on the waterfall spillway while purple, blue, and green lights all create a unique ambiance. We are very proud of some of the projects that we’ve created because of how happy our customers are. It is only a matter of time until more people can experience the joy of enjoying their own backyard paradise with a water feature built the way they had in mind.
Rock waterfalls not your thing? Then check out articles from popular sites for other ideas:
Visit Houzz to brainstorm some visual ideas of water features for the garden. It won’t be long until you find yourself sitting outside in the summer with a cold drink glad about the choices that you made.
HGTV – 15 unique garden water features: outdoors home & garden television
Pinterest – This is currently the most popular and fastest growing social media website to view photos and get ideas for garden water features.
For updates and free stuff head on over to our Facebook page and let us know what you like best about garden water features.
Water Features For The Garden – Just Add Water
Water Features For The Garden June 26th, 2014WaterfallNow
The thousands of KM’s added onto my ride in the past week just from all the short drives throughout the Lower Mainland was a real wake up call. Perhaps it is time to switch to an electric car… Then again, 11MPG was never good to begin with! Back to the point though, I did notice a lot of nice houses being built all over Surrey. By nice I mean massive with 5 car garages and sheds the size of what I used to consider a big size home.
And yes it was slightly embarrassing at first to knock on the door of a shed that nobody lives in and then hear the owner laughing from his window from the main home 3 stories high probably thinking what an idiot I am thinking people live in the shed. The point is, these are some big houses.
While we get many referrals please do me one favor and don’t put a dog house just beside the front door and where you don’t notice it until you see the pearly whites. I still can’t help but get out of the car while driving sometimes and putting doorhangers up. Making rock features can be addictive and I am on rehab from that addiction. My partners now do the artwork and create that blueprint in your glorious head.
I’ve been through half of the neighborhoods in West Vancouver and can say that some of the homes being built south of Surrey are coming to par. There is still much room for improvement. While many of the newer homes being build in Surrey look impressive in size, many are nothing more than a larger cookie cutter. Hopefully we will see more unique architecture like what you can find in Shaughnessy, Vancouver, BC.
Architecture does hold importance to me because it means that some people out there are still striving for the best and to do what hasn’t yet been done. They know that the best designs, ideas, and projects have not even been created. This is inspiring. That is why I appreciate seeing something unique that showcases some of the designers creativity. Don’t take this to mean that uniqueness in itself is a virtue. The finished product has to look good to most people and be a 10 on the wow factor.
Holy Cow…. What happened here? Public washroom?
If you haven’t heard already, Surrey will be the new Vancouver. The population of Surrey is expected to surpass that of Vancouver in 5-10 years. Just in time for 2020. The new city hall erected in Surrey which they spent $97 million dollars on (caused some controversy) reflects the vision that the leaders have for this city. It is an exciting time for people living in East of the bridge(s).
“Successful Official Grand Opening Of Aria Banquet And Convention Centre Saturday June 21, 2014” – The Mayor of the City of Surrey gave it high praise stating that it is the best she has seen in over 18 years of visiting different banquet halls and convention centres in BC. Read More: http://waterfallnow.com/tag/aria-banquet-hall-and-convention-centre/
The Surrey that I’ve come back to in the past few years was not like the Surrey I remembered half a decade prior and I’m sure that change will be exponential moving forward. I’m sure there will be some issues with overpopulation
While Surrey and White Rock are without the natural landscapes, forests, cliffsides, and creeks that are present in many homes in West Vancouver (natural rock formations take millions of years to become that way), it has many acres of flat agricultural land. That’s fine because I like blueberries. Too much land to even know I was there :D. Just kidding. Stealing is bad.
So basically, much of this land is being quickly bought up and new houses are going up all over the place. I have no idea just how big of a change we will see in the next 5 to 10 years in Surrey’s development but it will be a sight to behold.
WaterfallNow has plenty of customers to pick from. What we really want is to start doing something different each time. We don’t want to get to a point where we stop pushing the limits. I believe that someone in the Lower Mainland has the most amazing blueprint in their mind right now and just doesn’t realize it yet. Come share your crazy ideas with us.
I’ve toured some of the most expensive homes in BC and sadly, many of them did not have a water feature or had one but stopped paying for the maintenance. WaterfallNow’s rock fountains, waterfalls, and water features can be designed in such a way that they require no maintenance, recycle rainwater, and can run on low energy consumption setting with an autostop timer for even further benefit.
Then again, custom water features aren’t cheap. They are expensive, a luxury item, and that is the point right? Well, yes and no. WaterfallNow hopes to strike a balance between the two extremes of luxury vs cheap. We aren’t that cheap and we aren’t that luxurious. We are somewhere in the middle at least for now. Why do we have such low pricing? Well, it is because we hate turning people away.
“It is not joy that makes us grateful. It is gratitude that makes us joyful.” David Rast
If you have been planning on getting a rock fountain or water feature for your garden now is the best time to do it. Our Spring Specials won’t be around forever. It’s called a “Spring” Special for a reason :D
We are blessed to have a very loyal and successful client base that love showing off their rock fountains. Also, if you require a check-up or think it is time to replace your water pump just give us a call and we will come and fix it for you.
The Growth In Surrey Is Amazing: Watch Out Vancouverites June 23rd, 2014WaterfallNow
The crew at WaterfallNow simply loves doing what they do and are thankful for the opportunities to work on a number of different projects. WaterfallNow has been able to help many clients in the Lower Mainland relax with a staycation at their own home while listening to the soothing sounds of cascading water.
Starting something new is always daunting. Stepping into a small niche industry already dominated by larger companies was even more daunting. But in the end, persistency always seems to have a way of paying off. Perhaps the only reason we decided that this would be a good idea was because of the support of our customers. We would be nowhere had we not received that support.
WaterfallNow: Stumbling Blocks & Growing Pains June 22nd, 2014WaterfallNow