1. When you give us a call our experienced designer with over 3 decades of experience in residential and commercial landscaping will visit you at your location and come up with some ideas. Our gallery is just a small fraction of what we can do. You can send us photos from the internet and we can provide a hand sketch with the customizations specific to your project.
2. Once the concept is approved by you we draw up a simple contract outlining the work that is going to be done along with payment schedules and our commitment to quality work. An initial deposit is made by the client and construction of the custom rock water feature begins.
3. In most cases we will start by preparing the base consisting of a water reservoir which will house the water supply. This includes installation of the pond liner. Natural rainwater is usually enough to keep the pondless waterfall operating for months on end and there isn’t really any maintenance involved. In dirtier conditions we install a filter and in hotter or shadeless areas we will install an autofill. We often only work with our inhouse team of 1-2 people and smaller projects can be finished within a few days or weeks in good weather.
4. We ship the necessary quantities of our faux rock panels that we make ourselves in the planned textures and sizes to the location and begin assembling them to form the unique shape of the rock. Different rock textures can be used according to the landscape. Each artificial rock panel can be bent, cut, and shaped together to any design and painted to any color.
5. Once the overall shape is assumed and plumbing and electrical work is carried out. We patch all of the individual rock panels together to form one single seamless rock piece that is difficult to tell apart from real rock from afar. When blended in with plants, landscaping, trees, and lighting they can look quite amazing especially at night or in winter where the icicles sparkle.
6. Water hoses, PVC plumbing, water sheers, and other accessories are installed along the way for areas where water will be sourced from. More water falling from higher elevations generally produces more sound. Because we can add or remove our rocks using basic cutting tools, we can make changes to the original concept by request. There have been cases where the decision for a natural water flow vs an LED waterfall spillway unit was put off until midway through the project. We will also install any custom LED lighting at this time to make your water feature really pop out at night.
7. Once the rock is completely sealed together, we perform additional touch ups to increase the beauty and longevity of the design. We will usually brainstorm more ideas at this point with the client who is most likely excited about how their new waterfall is coming together.
8. Once water is added, the water feature can be powered up for the first time for testing and water flow adjustments. Because we have a large selection of quality low-noise waterfall pumps to choose from, we can give our clients a live demonstration of the different strengths (GPH) of pumps. Bonus: The relaxing white noise from falling water can be used to drown out the sound of traffic or other noise.
9. We closely monitor the water feature upon completion to ensure smooth operation. We hope that you can enjoy the water feature for many years and that it will make your evenings, weekends, gatherings and other functions, more enjoyable.